Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday Afternoon Points of Interest

Apparently, this could be the 21st century's Citizen Kane: The Social Network, starring Jesse Eisenberg as Mark Zuckerberg, is a loosely factual Facebook biopic laced with ambition, betrayal, and intrigue. After six reviews, the movie holds on to a ridiculous 100% aggregate score on Metacritic. It opens Friday.

Speaking of the very young and very rich, I just found out that a friend who graduated with me is making an upper five-figure salary working for a Fortune-500 company.
Meanwhile I can't get an effing library card. Perhaps this is why I enjoyed Scott Pilgrim so much.

Regarding employment: so far
  • I have been offered one (1) part-time job
  • I have been called back for one (1) follow-up interview (after an initial group interview)
  • I am expecting one (1) call for a telephone interview
which means that I have three pretty good leads. The one job would be only okay, but the other one would be really pretty okay, and the other one than the other two could be pretty okay as well, probably. But I don't have a real basis for these claims outside of intuition, so don't quote me on it.

Also,
a friend is putting in one (1) good word for me at a bookstore
which is a place I would love to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment