Sunday, October 10, 2010

I'M NOT EMPLOYED, I'M NOT EMPLOYED

BE NOT DECEIVED

Though there has been nothing new since Thursday, I am still jobless! And I apologize for any confusion my not-posting may have caused. This is why a person ought never to be clear about their intentions.

The big disappointment of the day was the discovery that GarageBand does not work on this computer, even though there is an icon for it.

Also, whistling has an interesting musical history that I would like to know more about. I consider myself to be a fairly mediocre whistler. In this, I would rate myself inferior to both Axl Rose and Andrew Bird, since they are professional, recorded whistlers. And also: Ludwig Wittgenstein, who was apparently a virtuoso whistler! He came from a very musically talented family. His brother, for instance, was a very famous one-armed pianist. And that is not a joke.


FURTHERMORE

I've never met an agreeable cat but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Today Tim and I carved a pumpkin in the likeness of one particularly disagreeable cat, and it turned out to look more-or-less like this: 


Tomorrow is the Chicago Marathon, but I am not going to be able to go. I suppose I'll have to run one in the afternoon to make up for it. Also, our pumcat ended up looking better than the one pictured for being more complicated, and mysterious. I do not know how it looks backlit, but it is important to save some good things for the future, so as to guard against running out.

2 comments:

  1. Your pumpkin is awesome. I will put a candle in it this week and take a picture :-) And/or when your house comes over for dinner soon, we can light all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meton! He is completely ageeable, just misundestood. Also my keyboad has is missing a lette, can you guess which?

    ReplyDelete